The International Center (IC) serves as a resource providing advice and administrative assistance to all international faculty members at Bilkent, addressing the special needs of such faculty members throughout their stay at the University.
The main duties of the IC Office include:
• overseeing orientation programs (new faculty orientation usually takes place during the week before school begins in September, and all new faculty members are encouraged to attend)
• organizing social events and trips
• preparing the International Faculty Guide
• informing international faculty members about the services available on campus
• providing consultation on a variety of issues
• offering help and guidance on procedural matters related to promotion from the rank of assistant to associate professor (in accordance with YÖK & ÜAK regulations and the Doçentlik application process)
During the year, the International Center organizes a number of social events. You will receive more information about these by e-mail over the course of the coming semesters.
As our primary aim is to make your life at Bilkent and in Turkey easier, please do not hesitate to contact the International Center if you have questions or concerns. And, of course, always feel free to stop by the office.
Berna Örge, M.A.
Office: Rectorate Building (Engineering Building), Room 212
Phone: 290 2944