The Department of Architecture at Bilkent University invites applications for appointment at the ranks of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor. We seek to hire research-based and practice-based positions. The medium of education at Bilkent University is English. The Faculty emphasizes cross-disciplinary approach to scholarship, design, and teaching. Faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly research, creative teaching, and service.
- Ph.D. degree in architecture or related fields.
- Strong research experience and publication record; publications in refereed/indexed international journals
- Strong portfolio (if applicable)
- Teaching experience and capability to teach in one of the following areas:
o Architectural history, theory and criticism
o Building construction
o Building technologies, environmental systems
o Computer applications, digital design and computation,
Candidates are also expected to be able to teach architectural design studio courses.
The faculty at Bilkent University is comprised of an academic staff from around 40 different countries. According to ISI Citation Indexes, Bilkent ranks high in Turkey and internationally in number of published papers per faculty member. Bilkent University ranks 28th in Times Higher Education’s 100 Under 50 list of the world’s best young universities. For more information about Bilkent University, http://www.bilkent.edu/bilkent/; Department of Architecture http://www.arch.bilkent.edu.tr/
To apply, please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Electronic copies of selected publications (these can be sent as attachments to the e-mail)
- Names and contact information (e-mail, telephone, mailing address) of three references
- Selected design projects or student work (if applicable)
The documents can be e-mailed or sent by mail to Prof. Ayhan Altintas, Dean
Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
06800 Ankara – TURKEY