1st PandeVITA Video Talk on December 12, 2022 at 18:00 CET
***This is an online seminar. To request the event link, please send a message to department.
Topic: Data Processing in the Health Sector
Health Data Processing is one of the biggest challenges that the world faces. The COVID-19 pandemic reveals that on the one hand the openness of Health Data systems is urgently required as the prerequisite of suitable health care and management, for the execution of effective health research and the development and deployment of suitable products like vaccines, medical devices etc. But on the other hand, the protection of Health Data is crucial to guarantee its ethical processing and usage. This is often mistakenly understood as a paradox. Certainly, the fast evolution of digital systems, the arrival of Big Data as well as the development of regional networks for patient treatments and care increases the vulnerability of Health Data systems, since my actors and stakeholders from different fields are involved. The fast access to information and the speed and effectiveness of machines which are able to process data autonomously has increased in a significant way.
Within the scope of the 1st PandeVITA video talk, Data Processing in the health sector will be discussed from the perspectives of experts from different fields. Which regulations will guarantee the secure exchange of Health Data? How are patients protected against misuse of personal data? How can we avoid that regulations do not snooker urgently needed development processes? How are health data about women in pandemic times processed and protected?
The following experts are on the panel:
– Prof. Dr. Karl-Nikolaus Peifer, Professor of Media and Communication Law at University of Cologne
– Dr. Sonia Jawaid Shaikh, Assistant Professor of Corporate Communication at University of Amsterdam
– Michal Rataj, Board Member of the European Patients’ Forum
– Prof. Dr. Seldağ Güneş Peschke, Professor of Private Law at Ankara Yıldırım Beyazıt University
– Dr. Giuseppe Fico, Assistant Professor of biomedical engineering at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Bilkent students get 10 GE points for attendance.