At Bilkent University, in the 2019-2020 academic year, the use of cigarettes and other tobacco products will be subject to the following rules:
On Bilkent University’s Main Campus and Middle Campus, the use of cigarettes, other tobacco products and electronic cigarettes is forbidden
– inside areas designated by yellow lines,
– at bus stops and queues,
– at all points designated as “No Smoking”,
– in uncovered areas of buildings such as balconies and roofs.
On Bilkent University’s East Campus, the use of cigarettes, other tobacco products and electronic cigarettes is forbidden
– everywhere including all outdoor and indoor areas, except for specially designated smoking areas.
- Some areas of Main and Middle Campuses where smoking is allowed and the plan for designated smoking areas in the East Campus can be seen here:
Penalties and sanctions will apply to students, staff members, alumni, guests and all other persons who violate no smoking rules.