Bilkent University Ethics Committee for research (experiments, field work, surveys) with human participants works under the Rector’s office and has the authority to grant or deny ethical approval to such projects.
Material to be submitted in an application:
- Bilkent Staff Ethics Form (*)
- Bilkent Students Ethics Form (*)
- Contents of the Informed Consent Form
- Statement for Experiments with Children
– Common committee requests for revisions in ethics applications
Applications for Ethics Committee Approval for a research project which will Use Human Participants can be made through https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/ecahs/ .
(Psychology undergraduate students should send their applications to Dr. Ezgi Sakman at email@example.com.)
The committee may request clarifications/additions/changes in these documents before the approval can be given. These will be communicated to the applicant so that (s)he may make these amendments to the application. Paper copies of all final application material, (properly signed where indicated, and initialed on all other pages) should be sent to the committee soon afterwards.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for committee related work. (Psychology students, please click ‘here‘ to see your application guideline.)
Other Committee related material:
- Declaration of Helsinki (WMA)
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct (APA)
- Ethical Standards for Research with Children (SCRD)
(*) In order to download the documents, Chrome users should first right click and select “Copy link address” then paste the address on the address bar.