APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
All Bilkent students and students who apply from other universities can attend Bilkent Summer School.
The grades that the Bilkent students get at the Summer School are added to their Grade Point Average (CGPA).
To bring up their CGPA’s, students with CGPA 2.0 or over can re-take the courses which they took in the previous two semesters and in which their grades are below grade B.
Any student attending Bilkent Summer School must be registered.
- Non-Bilkent Students:
To apply to Bilkent Summer School, you can fill in the Application Form and send it to email@example.com as an attachment for approval between 22 May – 24 June 2023. Upon the approval of your application, you have to register in the Registrar’s Office as a special student before course registrations.
- Non-Bilkent Students:
- Bilkent Students:
Requests for courses thru SRS 25 May 2023, Thursday (10:00) –
6 June 2023, Tuesday (17:30)
Enrollment payment plan for determination of fees thru SRS 19 June 2023, Monday (10:00) Announcement of registration appointments thru SRS 22 June 2023, Thursday (10:00) Registration with appointment thru SRS 23 June 2023, Friday (09:00 – 13:00) Registration without appointment thru SRS 23 June 2023, Friday (13:00 – 23:59) Course drop deadline 23 June 2023, Friday (23:59) Classes begin 3 July 2023, Monday Course add deadline 4 July 2023, Tuesday (17:30) Withdrawal deadline 24 July 2023, Monday (17:30) Classes end 11 August 2023, Friday Final Exams 12 August 2023, Saturday –
15 August 2023, Tuesday
Grades announced 18 August 2023, Friday (17:30)
- The list of 2023 Summer School courses can be found from the web page of the summer school with the link to “Summer School Offerings“. Please check out the web page again for the updated list. Note that a student can enroll in two courses at most.
- Students who have not already passed ENG 101 may ONLY take ENG 101 in the Summer School; these students are not allowed to take any other courses in the Summer School. Students who have passed ENG 101 but have not yet passed ENG 102 may take ENG 102 and one other course, if they wish to do so; they cannot take other courses without taking ENG 102 as well. For this reason, students taking ENG 102 and another course will not be allowed to withdraw from ENG 102 alone.
- Prior to the Summer School, the requests for the courses to be offered in summer term are collected through SRS. Summer School courses are offered according to these applications upon availability. Course requests can be made through SRS, “Summer School Course Request” service under the “Services” menu. Each student may request up to 2 courses to be offered.
- Students who applied for the Summer School courses will be given appointments to register. Registration appointments will be announced through SRS on 22 June 2023, Thursday at 10:00. Those student who did not apply for the courses will register after the students with appointments complete their registrations.
- Students will have to make an enrollment payment plan through SRS (under “Services” menu) and determine the fee s/he is supposed to pay. “A 1/2/3/4 Credit Course” line will display for the course that the student wants to take (depending on the credit of the course).
- Students will have to pay the accrued amount to the bank based on the enrollment payment plan. Please note that the bank must see the amount that you have to pay on the payment screen with your Student ID.
Otherwise, the payment will not be credited for summer school courses. Students can deposit their registration fees to any branch of Garanti Bank, Yapı Kredi Bank or İş Bank or via internet pages of these banks.
- Students can take courses registering through SRS. Students with appointment can register on 23 June 2023, Friday from 09:00 to 13:00; students without appointment can register on 23 June 2023, Friday, from 13:00 to 23:59. Please note that the course drop deadline is 23 June 2023, Friday, 23:59. You will not be allowed to drop any course after that date and time. Please do your registration plans accordingly. After that date and time, the students can only add courses until 4 July 2023, Tuesday, 17:30.
- Students can register on these dates through SRS using their ID information and STARS passwords. However, students with an appointment cannot register before the allocated times. Department secretaries cannot register any student to courses.
- Students will have to turn to the department secretaries with a form in case of overlap of courses or prerequisites need to be met.
- If a student wants to add a course, s/he can do so until 4 July 2023, Tuesday, 17:30 making a new enrollment payment plan, if necessary (if the credit of the courses s/he wants to take is changing).
- After the course add deadline, the remaining credit can be refunded to the student or can be used for the next term. Students should apply to the Registrar’s Office for a refund.
- The Directorate of Summer School may close a summer course, transfer students to another section of the same course, combine sections or may change the instructor of a course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- A student who will be in a position to graduate by repeating and passing a single course that they failed with an F or FX grade in the Fall or Spring semester of 2022-2023 academic year is eligible to enroll in an Individual Studies course, provided that the failed course is not offered in the Summer School. Please see the details about the Individual Study course from Summer School Individual Study Courses. Please see the answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Summer School Individual Study Courses.
Summer School individual study course application: 20 June 2023, Friday, 17:30 and 21 June 2023, Wednesday, 17:30
For detailed information: ( http://yurtlar.bilkent.edu.tr/en/summer-period-accommodation/ )