APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
All Bilkent students and students who apply from other universities can attend Bilkent Summer School.
The grades that the Bilkent students get at the Summer School are added to their Grade Point Average (CGPA).
To bring up their CGPA’s, students with CGPA 2.0 or over can re-take the courses which they took in the previous two semesters and in which their grades are below grade B.
Any student attending Bilkent Summer School must be registered.
- Non-Bilkent Students:
To apply to Bilkent Summer School, you can fill in the Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment for approval between 6 – 24 May 2019. Upon the approval of your application, you have to register in the Registrar’s Office as a special student before course registrations.
- Non-Bilkent Students:
- Bilkent Students:
Requests for courses thru SRS 6 May 2019, Monday (09:00) –
24 May 2019, Friday (17:30)
Enrollment payment plan for determination of fees thru SRS 27 May 2019, Monday (09:00) –
18 June 2019, Tuesday (17:30)
Announcement of registration appointments thru SRS 12 June 2019, Wednesday (10:00) Registration with appointment thru SRS 13 June 2019, Thursday (09:00 – 13:00) Registration without appointment thru SRS 13 June 2019, Thursday (13:00)
14 June 2019, Friday (17:30)
Course drop deadline 14 June 2019, Friday (23:59) Classes begin 17 June 2019, Monday Course add deadline 18 June 2019, Tuesday (17:30) Withdrawal deadline 16 July 2019, Tuesday (17:30) Classes end 5 August 2019, Monday Final Exams 6 August 2019, Tuesday –
9 August 2019, Friday
Grades announced 16 August 2019, Friday (17:30)
Registration for Intensive Language Courses
Students should register for the Intensive Language Courses opened as part of Summer School by the Office of the Foreign Languages Coordinator, through SRS as the other courses. Additionally, course applications can also be given through SRS with the other courses.
Detailed course information:
- The list of 2019 Summer School courses can be found from the web page of the summer school with the link to “Summer School Offerings“. Please check out the web page again for the updated list. Note that a student can enroll in two courses at most. Two back-to-back intensive language courses count as a single course in this regard.
- Students who have not already passed ENG 101 may ONLY take ENG 101 in the Summer School; these students are not allowed to take any other courses in the Summer School. Students who have passed ENG 101 but have not yet passed ENG 102 may take ENG 102 and one other course, if they wish to do so; they cannot take other courses without taking ENG 102 as well. For this reason, students taking ENG 102 and another course will not be allowed to withdraw from ENG 102 alone.
- Prior to the Summer School, the requests for the courses to be offered in summer term are collected through SRS. Summer School courses are offered according to these applications upon availability. Course requests can be made through SRS, “Summer School Course Request” service under the “Services” menu. Each student may request up to 2 courses to be offered.
- Students who applied for the Summer School courses will be given appointments to register. Registration appointments will be announced through SRS on 12 June 2019, Wednesday at 09:00. Those student who did not apply for the courses will register after the students with appointments complete their registrations.
- Students will have to make an enrollment payment plan through SRS (under “Services” menu) and determine the fee s/he is supposed to pay. “A 1/2/3/4 Credit Course” line will display for the course that the student wants to take (depending on the credit of the course).
- Students will have to pay the accrued amount to the bank based on the enrollment payment plan. Please note that the bank must see the amount that you have to pay on the payment screen with your Student ID.
Otherwise, the payment will not be credited for summer school courses. Students can deposit their registration fees to any branch of Garanti Bank, Yapı Kredi Bank or İş Bank or via internet pages of these banks.
- Students can take courses registering through SRS. Students with appointment can register on 13 June 2019, Thursday from 09:00 to 13:00; students without appointment can register on 13 June 2019, Thursday after 13:00 until 14 June 2019, Friday, 17:30. Please note that the course drop deadline is 14 June 2019, Friday, 23:59. You will not be allowed to drop any course after that date and time. After that date and time, the students can only add courses until 18 June 2019, Tuesday, 17:30.
- Students can register on these dates at any computer on campus using their ID information and STARS passwords. However, students with appointment cannot register before the allocated times. Department secretaries cannot register any student to courses.
- Students will have to turn to the department secretaries with a form in case of overlap of courses or prerequisites need to be met.
- If a student wants to add a course, s/he can do so until 18 June 2019, Tuesday, 17:30 making a new enrollment payment plan, if necessary (if the credit of the courses s/he wants to take is changing).
- After the course add deadline, the remaining credit can be refunded to the student or can be used for the next term. Students should apply to the Registrar’s Office for a refund.
- The Directorate of Summer School may close a summer course, transfer students to another section of the same course, combine sections or may change the instructor of a course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- A student who will be in a position to graduate by repeating and passing a single course that they failed with an F or FX grade in the Fall or Spring semester of 2018-2019 academic year is eligible to enroll in an Individual Studies course, provided that the failed course is not offered in the Summer School. Please see the details about the Individual Study course from Summer School Individual Study Courses. Please see the answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Summer School Individual Study Courses.
Students wishing to stay at Dormitories during Summer Period should apply and reserve their places through the Summer Period Online Dormitory Application System ( https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/bildorm/login/?lang=en ). The application of Preparatory Students will start as of 20 May 2019, Monday and that of department students will start 27 May 2019, Monday. For detailed information: ( http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/bilkent-tr/admin-unit/yurt/e_yazokulu_konaklama.html )